BECOME AN EVENT VOLUNTEER
With runner participation in the Marathon Park Prep Half Marathon race expected to expand, its organizers are seeking volunteers to help the event run smoothly. Volunteers are currently needed to staff various race-day positions, including:
- Runner registration Friday.
- Runner registration from 7:30-10 a.m., Saturday.
- Parking detail from 7:30-10 a.m., Saturday.
- Water stations from 10 a.m.-1 p.m, Saturday.
- Start- and finish-line direction and assistance from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday.
- Post-race reception, serve lunch and awards
- Miscellaneous positions.
There will be a luncheon and organizational meeting during the Race Expo at the VFW on Pleasant Street in Ashland prior to the race where the race Volunteer Coordinator will assign duties, discuss logistics, timelines and answer any questions.
Volunteers will receive a "Volunteer" shirt to wear on race day at that meeting and will also have access to the post-race BBQ & party at the VFW. To volunteer and join the race-day crew:
Groups and organizations as well as individuals are encouraged to join this effort...